The launch of my new Escape in Landscapes website: www.FlemmingBoJensen.com went extremely well. I am very happy with the feedback and extremely happy with the result. One giant project off the ground, so here’s a glimpse into what is coming up on the blog and my website. In the words of Yoda, "It is the future you see".
- This blog will be moved in the coming weeks, and integrated into the design of my new website. Hopefully Murphy and his law will look kindly on this.
- I will be writing a series of Gallery Presentations and tell the stories behind my main galleries.
- A few videos and the stories behind them may make their way to the blog as well. Actually, very soon.
- Several new images still to come as I dig a bit deeper in the thousands of images from Nomad Photographer Part I.
- And of course, don’t worry, the stories behind some of the new images are coming! I am thrilled my stories are liked as I have discovered they are incredibly good stress-relief and fun to write. So I have engaged story telling hyperdrive again, pedal to the metal, well no, but music to the max and pen on paper (yes, most stories are written on paper, works a lot better).
Designing my website, the creative process
A few more words about the design process, a great co-operation between me and Jesse Speer. I chose to involve no one else, I went by my own instincts completely throughout the whole design and programming phase. I poured my heart and soul into this process and wanted no one to interrupt the flow and creative process. Actually no one has seen the website before the launch two days ago and it was a bit nerve wracking launching it. Fortunately, this is one ship that appears to fly not crash!
A few days ago it appears the hit counter for my blog passed 100,000. It is just a number but still, a good time to thank you all for following my blog! When I started this blog in June 2007 I just needed somewhere to post pictures and travel stories for friends to read – never did I imagine where it would take me!
100,000 x thank you in all the languages I know!
Tak, thanks, danke schön, selamat pagi, khob kun khrap, beier dankie, asante!
I once spent a LOT of time customizing the css for my blog so the layout and look would match my main web page. Turns out it matched so well it confused absolutely everyone and no one could tell if they were on my blog or my web page. So I am testing out some new WordPress themes at the moment, which is why you will see the design change quite a bit here as I try and land on something I like. Apologies for the mess while we re-decorate the entire place 🙂
My main webpage and gallery is of course at www.FlemmingBoJensen.com
New “real” blog post coming soon, stay tuned.
I am just a few hours away from jumping on the Metro train to the airport and initiating the rather long line of events that will eventually see me touch down in Darwin, Australia on Friday! I am spending 3½ weeks in the Kimberley area of Western Australia and Kakadu National Park in Northern Territory. Ending the trip with 5 days of holiday in Sydney with friends.
Here’s an old panorama of mine from the Kimberleys 10 years ago, I am very much looking forward to revisiting. Last time was during the wet season and a lot was flooded so it was hard to get anywhere; it was 50+ degrees some days and mozzies ruled the world! This time I’ll see much more and mozzies and weather will be slightly more humane!
Manning Gorge in Kimberleys, Western Australia
Copyright Flemming Bo Jensen Photography
I will blog as many travel tales as possible while I travel but I probably won’t be posting more than a few photos from the trip until I get back. I posted a lot of photos last year and it just turned out to be far too much work. Not enough hours in the day to shoot, write, sort through hundreds of RAW files every day, then develop and upload the photos and then publish them on my blog. I will concentrate on shooting and blogging; the developing of RAW files is much better done at home.
See ya on the other side!